View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 09:38 PM   #1
Weapon X
Relentless

Weapon X's Arena

OVR: 5
Weapon X's Simulation "Live The Life - Authentic Mode" Forward/Defenseman Sliders

This was the first year I actually gave Forward on BAP a whirl. Needless to say, I got really into my character after a really fun Memorial Cup run (that tragically ended in an OT loss in the championship game) but when I realized that I couldn’t change my period lengths because I chose the “Authentic“ play-your-shift game style, I had to figure out a slider set to make the overblown statistics tolerable.

This set is currently what I’m running after various slider tests in the NHL pre-season, and they’ve been giving me VERY good results. I’m getting an average of 25-35 shots per team every game. The primary goal of this slider set is to try and make the game as sloppy as possible, which in turn would attempt to limit the shots on goal to a more realistic number since they get so inflated with 20 Min Periods. You should see more bobbled passes, more shots going wide, and in general a more “loose” feel to the puck and the stick handling. Fair warning: it’s NOT easy to score with these sliders (though I’m sure some will have no problem). My 76 OVR RW currently has 0G and 3AST (with a Plus/Minus of -1) in 7 GMS. I've also found that in order to make it so there's less clean tape-to-tape passes (mainly from the CPU), passing on the user end also requires a bit more touch and focus -- with these sliders it’s easy to fire a pass too hard if you misjudge the distance / placement, just as in real life. If you’re having trouble with your passes, it’s best to take a page from The Mighty Ducks: “Soft hands -- concentration, not strength.”

House Rules
For best results, select “SIM TO YOUR NEXT SHIFT” after getting back to the bench. Do this every time you can, except for the PP if you happen to be on one of the PP lines. Feel free to watch the PP until the coach calls your number.

Base Game Style --- Hardcore Simulation

Game Settings
All-Star
20 Minute Periods
Be-A-Pro Settings --- Authentic
Offside --- Delayed
Icing --- On
Injuries --- On
Penalties --- 3
Post-Whistle Rules --- Authentic
Penalty Time Scaling --- Max
Fighting --- Max (only because the last time I tried it at 1, I didn't see post whistle scrums as much as I would’ve liked. Fighting doesn’t seem over the top on Max, but then again, my guy has a fight skill of 62 and usually delivers legit checks that no one bothers him about)
Simming Penalty: Off

GENERAL
Tuner set --- Latest (v1.03)
Game Speed --- 0
Attribute Effects --- Max
Fatigue Effect --- Max / Max
Fatigue Recovery --- 1 / 1
Injury Occurrence --- 3 / 3
Puck Control --- 1 / 1
Player Acceleration --- 5 / 5
Broken Stick Freq --- 2

A.I.
AI Learning --- Max
CPU Diff. Adjustment --- 0
CPU Strategy Adjustment --- 3
BAP Strategy Adjustment --- 3
Human Strategy Adjustment --- 0
CPU Face-Off Diff --- 3
Fight Diff --- 3
CPU Penalties --- 5
CPU Teammate Penalties --- 3

PASSING
Pass Assist --- 2
Manual Passing --- On
Pass Speed --- Max
Saucer Pass Speed --- Max
Pass Accuracy --- 0 / 0
Pass Reception Ease --- 0 / 0
Pass Interceptions --- Max / Max

SHOOTING
Shot Accuracy --- 0 / 0
Shot Power --- 2 / 2
Slap Shot Accuracy: 0 / 0
Slap Shot Power --- 3 / 3
One-Timer Accuracy --- 1 / 1

CHECKING
Hitting Assistance --- 3
Aggression --- Max / Max
Hitting Power --- 1 / 1 (0 / 0 if there’s too many big hits for your taste)
Stick Lift Effectiveness --- 4 / 4
Poke Check Effectiveness --- 5 / 5

GOALIES
Goalie Passing --- 2
Goalie Cover Puck Freq --- Max
Goalie Screen Effect --- 4 / 4
Goalie Reaction Speed --- 4 / 4

Constructive critique and feedback on these is more than welcome!

WX

Last edited by Weapon X; 03-08-2014 at 08:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove