Old 03-11-2014, 09:04 PM   #4102
The Lob Mob
Youtube Innovators

The Lob Mob's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33

I've played 2K every year since the Dreamcast - but this is the first time I ever played MyPlayer. I'm not gonna lie - I got hooked. Here's my recap

The Good
  • Created a 6'11" athletic center from Cornell. Went 12th in the draft - after Jackson Ellis
  • Playing as center - i dominate the ball on almost most possessions - and I don't ever call for the ball. As soon as I post up my teammates are looking for me. I have now figured out where to go - how to move. In a good flow.
  • 32 pts & 2.4 blocks per game. My shooting % is .653 ...needless to say I am Rookie of the Year.
  • Drafted by by Blazers - but did the "trick" to get to my Knicks. Best decision ever - although the Blazers went on to have the best record in the league
  • I have dominated Jackson Ellis every time I face him - minus the rookie showcase
  • Made All Star team, and all NBA and defensive squads.

The Bad
  • The cutscenes are great - but not being able to skip them pretty much means I will only do this one time.
  • My team at times plays defense that make me want to kill kittens. I couldn't be more frustrated.
  • The Dynamic goals are often inappropriate and anti - team. For example - you want me to score 10 straight points? So I should ignore the open man under the basket so I can get "mine"?
  • Why - oh WHY - can't Dorris ever interview ME after the game? I score 62 and you interview Tyson Chander when he scored 4 points?

The Ugly
  • Jackson Ellis dropped 45 on me in the rookie showcase. This was on Rookie difficulty at that. That was disturbing. (I've since moved up to HOF level)
  • The drama is too scripted. Takes away from the fun at times.
  • The Super agent is a real jerk
I respect this type of analysis & detail.