Thread: Week 1
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 10:35 PM   #6
kwilliam
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Week 1

#21 North Texas vs #2 Eastern Michigan. EMU has the best set of skill players that NT has faced in NCAA 2014, thought I would have to win a shootout in this one. EMU's opening possession, they march the ball down the field and gets picked off by Williams. I moved the ball down to around the 40 and had to punt, just outside kicker's range. They punt back, then I get it back to midfield where Prince fumbles the ball in his first game late in the 1st quarter. That led EMU drive for a TD. I moved the ball down the field again all the way to the 2, where the pass was deflected on a 3rd down play and settled for 2. EMU's qb decides to get into scramble mode and leads them down the field and stranglely doesn't call timeout with about 3 or 4 seconds left they decided to run another play and the qb breaks 3 tackles and scores a TD to end the half up 14-3.

2nd half got to a slow start for both teams. I get fg in the 3rd to be down 14-6. I can another stop on D march down the field and get the 2pt conversion to tie it up at 14. EMU gets the ball back and does their best drive of the 2nd half, got a stop at the 32 yard line. So on 4th down, their OL jumped and got pushed back 5 yards on a home game. They tried a 50 yd fg and came up short, a few more yards and it would have been good. With around 2 min left in the game, Bates made timely 3rd down passes as Prince was getting 5 yards a carry on that drive. Once I got to 20, I was planning on setting up the kicker, but Prince kept getting closer. With 11 sec left, from the 2 Prince scores the game winning TD. I think NT looked good considering the entire roster of EMU. They were up there for NC the past seasons and I think this would their last big run unless their former coach comes back and recruits for them.

PS3 NCAA 2014 Dynasty - Rags to Riches Online Dynasty - South Alabama