Old 03-14-2014, 12:49 PM   #23
NicVirtue
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Eight Features the NFL Removed From the Madden Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
Maybe. But certainly, I can't disagree that having robot-like player models and a trippy camera angle hurt their chances a lot. You'd think they would've listened given how many fans were telling them not to do this long before release when the game was just getting into early beta. 2K was the same way. I don't understand why these companies want to just shrug off the demands of the very fanbase they're selling to. You go back to the boards prior to APF's release and people were literally screaming at 2K not to use some of those awful team names that were being suggested.

Overall, BB was just missing too many things. Being that it was a mid-level development, I gave it a lot of passes. But The core of the game was just broken. Before the patch, I could get a sack on nearly every play if I felt like it and that was just awful. After the patch, I couldn't run or complete a pass despite holding down the right trigger like instructed. Receivers dropped everything unless it was a wide-open pass that allowed the WR to make a controlled stop and catch, and even that was 50-50 most of the time for me.

The one thing BB did right that APF didn't was the logo editor. Though I would prefer a TeamBuilder style editor, you gotta hand it to NM for the layering system. Being able to create the exact logo you want is too important not to have in a customizable game. Not being able to build my own team like this in Madden is one of the many gripes I have with the game. I'd like to just start a franchise with my own created team from day one.
It's funny you mention those things, like the holes in the gameplay. I not too long ago bought the game back, and downloaded a roster file. I must say that game is VERY refreshing, to me at least. Knowing the games issues, I can deal with them, because it forces me to play football a different way. Even if you run a play that is designed to beat a particular defense, depending on your players form for that game, the play can either go well, or bad. That's 1 thing I liked about BB, was players not playing the same every game if you put the form on Random.