View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 05:40 PM   #27
Robrain
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Rare Players - Madden 25 CFM's

Quote:
Originally Posted by josefrees
I don't have all his stats on hand but LT Grayson in the Braithwaite draft has 85 speed, 90 Str and high 80s acc/agi. Is pretty much 85+ overall in any scheme

I think Carlos Dunlap counts--6'6/7 290 with mid 80s athleticism

Also, there are quite a few draftable MLBs with mid 80s or higher in all athletic stats which is pretty unique compared to the regular rosters
Yeah, whenever I assemble a group of 6'5", 6'6", and 6'7" Linebackers by converting DE's at the beginning of a new CFM, the usual suspects are:

6'5" Ezekiel Ansah (Detroit Lions)
6'6" Dion Jordan (Miami Dolphins)
6'6" Quinton Coples (New York Jets, actually starts at LOLB but usually gets moved to DE once Rex Ryan gets fired)
6'6" Carlos Dunlap (Cincinnati Bengals)
6'7" Michael Johnson (Cincinnati Bengals)

Sometimes Dunlap ends up cheap on the trade block early into a new CFM. I think you usually have to resign him and Michael Johnson at the end of year 1, which can be tough to do sometimes if you are overhauling the roster and cut / traded away a bunch of players during the first season and took on a big salary cap penalty (since quality DEs like those two cost a boatload to resign, unless you trick the CPU by changing their position to linebacker and a scheme that doesn't suit their strengths [causes their OVR to drop making them cheaper to resign] as soon as it reaches the offseason, then you can resign them much more cheaply as LBs)

Quinton Coples is 6'6" but not exactly fast. I guess you could say he's decently fast FOR HIS SIZE, because his character model looks like a defensive tackle running around playing linebacker - he looks like a fat guy. But he's a hard hitter and can injure players coming across the middle if you let the CPU float him in that area. Also pretty solid stopping the run up the middle and can pass rush a bit.

Dunlap is like a slightly more athletic version of Coples, might be a bit better at rushing the passer, but I don't think Dunlap hits as hard.

I like to have Coples on the field as much as possible because it means there's always a chance to force a fumble.