View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 06:14 PM   #28
Robrain
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Rare Players - Madden 25 CFM's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robrain
Additionally, this LT starts as a rookie on the Saints roster. Note, since I'm in year 2 of this CFM, these are his year 2 stats, but the foundation stats probably didn't change.

LT Terron Armstead
6'4" / 306 lbs
Pass Blocker / Zone Run
OVR: 79
SPD: 80
ACC: 85
STR: 83
IBK: 88
RBK: 79
PBK: 85
AGI: 75
AWR: 77

He could use some more STR, but his SPD/ACC/AGI combo is top-notch for an O-lineman.

Though, he seems to be a slight pain to attempt to acquire via trade from the Saints. They definitely won't just give him away. I tried offering 3 first rounders, including the #2 overall pick during the draft, nada.

Haven't built up the necessary ammo to acquire him for this new CFM yet.
OMG, the Saints must think this LT is Jesus himself, come to save the franchise after Drew Brees retired at the end of Year 1.

It's the first week of preseason, Year 2, just after the draft.

This is the INSANE haul I had to assemble in order to pry LT Terron Armstead from the Saints:

HB Matt Forte (93 OVR)
FB Marcel Reece (92 OVR - their current FB = 61 OVR)
QB Philip Rivers (86 OVR - their current QB Chad Henne = 76 OVR)

for

LT Terron Armstead (84 OVR)
4th Rounder

This could be a symptom of them only having one LT (Armstead) on their roster, but geez. He was originally the 13th pick in the 3rd round of the 2013 draft.

I took over the Eagles franchise, so acquiring Rivers, Forte, and Reece via trade from the Chargers, Bears, and Packers (Reece signed with them in Free Agency), was like trying to solve a Rubik's cube.

Plus I also had to cut and resign / restructure both Rivers and Forte after I acquired them just so I could fit them under my own cap while I set up the final trade with the Saints.

Then I found out the Saints didn't have enough cap room, so I had to cut Rivers and Forte temporarily to free up some of my cap space, then had to acquire CB Jabari Greer from the Saints via trade in order to lower THEIR cap number, then I cut Greer, resigned Rivers and Forte from the FA pool, and FINALLY made the trade.

I guess he really was Jesus, because after Brees suddenly retired, the haul the Saints got from trading Armstead probably saved their franchise.