Old 04-09-2014, 12:57 AM   #4335
DHMN69
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ck3n
I don't know why you guys don't enjoy your Wolves careers. They're one of the best teams I've played with - you've got the long range shooters, the beasts in the posts, the playmakers... No two games are the same, lots of diversity to the offense on this team. For stretches, my team plays best when I don't try to impact the game too much (I'm a bit of a ball hog) - I swear they look like the real life Spurs at times, just gorgeous ball movement. Last night I played a game in which Rubio had 15 assists, Love had 35 points and 14 rebounds, my guy had 5 alley-oops including one on an in-bounds play, and we blew out the Hawks 115-95 on 8 min quarters (I had 20 mins). If I have one complaint it's that we're not very good defensively, especially in the post. Not the usual sagging of 3pt shooters that's so prevalent in this game though. I play on Superstar/Sim now after getting tired of doing it all by myself on HOF, and it's been pretty damn enjoyable thus far.

Someone posted that their team seems to get in a groove after playing a couple of games straight without switching modes or careers, and this seems true for me as well sometimes. I don't know if there's a momentum reset or whatever when switching out of a career, but there's definitely truth to momentum being huge in this game, and it continues into the next game.
I do enjoy the Wolves career.. I don't enjoy the way 2K has injured at least 3 and sometimes 4 players at once for me all season. My player is a SF who has been stuck at SG for about half his minutes because of the injuries, so guarding guys like Nate Robinson has been a huge chore because they just run by with the ball.. I can have a triple double (had 4 or 5 in the season) yet a B grade because of it.

side note: for the first time in 4 days the game put me in a PARK .. with actual people in it so I can play some pick up games.. so strange being put into empty parks lately

XBox: DHMNPhotos

Last edited by DHMN69; 04-09-2014 at 01:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove