View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 06:55 PM   #24
royals19
MVP

OVR: 25
I'm not too sure about the Royals being in the 5 spot. This 2014 team on paper is arguably one of the best teams in franchise history. They obviously aren't on the same level as the Cardinals or Red Sox but overall it's a pretty solid team. There really isn't anything to rebuild anything. What you see on that roster right now is what you're going to see for the next 3 or 4 years minus perhaps James Shields and another player or two. Realistically, the only way to win with this team is to stay the course. The payroll is maxed out and the only real ways to improve the team are to let the players currently on the roster get better and let the kids in the system develop. I'm a huge fan but I'm not gonna sit here an be a homer. They could get better but there isn't really anyone can do to make them better without provoking a massive rebuild which makes zero sense.

If anyone should be on there, it should be the White Sox. They've got a mediocre (but promising) offense and pitching staff. Paul Konerko is gone after this year and Adam Dunn is probably on his last leg with Abreu now in the fold. The White Sox have to rebuild their bullpen, find more reliable arms in the rotation and develop Matt Davidson, Jose Abreu, Adam Eaton and Avisail Garcia before they come anywhere close to tasting the playoffs. I'm sorry but the Royals are a better team than the White Sox.