View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 11:05 PM   #142
jyoung
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Madden NFL 15 Trailer - See The Transformation This June, Releases on August 26th

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I understand what you are saying and would agree five years ago, but I have to believe that there are more international players in the NBA vs the NFL, am I wrong?(even though there are 48 players on a NFL team. Most NFL players, most, are from North America. Almost half of the Bucks are from overseas.

I'm willing to bet the NBA games, including EA's sell much better globally vs Madden overseas. Also, I'm willing to bet FIFA and PES outsell the basketball games overseas because of the popularity of soccer.

Not trying to back Madden, here, because I've been a disgruntled customer over the past few years. I'm sure Madden could sell more if they made a game that was closer to the NFL, but as long as EA's stockholders are happy........

Just trying to put some perspective into it.
According to the NPD, NBA 2K14 was the top-selling sports game on both the PlayStation 4 and the Xbox One.

Global sales are not included in NPD figures. They only cover North American retail sales.