View Single Post
Old 05-02-2014, 12:40 PM   #153
Trick13
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Trailer - See The Transformation This June, Releases on August 26th

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
Big difference is, in the U.S. soccer is played all over the country with a lot of Kids leagues, Junior High systems, High School systems, Collegiate systems, and a few pro leagues. I'd be surprised if American football has even 1/10th the level of participation in Britain as Soccer has in America.

The fact that soccer actually has that much penetration in the U.S. market makes it strange to me that the sport isn't more popular at the pro level here in the U.S.

Soccer is boring. It is like hockey without the fist fights - zero point. Not enough scoring, not enough meaningful action for a casual fan.
In football and basketball - America's two top sports - there is constant action - basketball has tons of scoring and football has hitting on every play.

Soccer is a good sport for kids - non-contact and tons of cardio, but as an adult sports fan I am not interested. Personally, I would love to see soccer banned from TV. It is like watching paint dry. Hockey, to me is fairly boring too, but at least hockey has checking and the occasional glove dropping action. I would rather watch lacrosse, women's volleyball (more for the scenery) heck I would rather watch women's college softball than soccer.

You may disagree with my sentiments, and I don't begrudge anyone of their opinion, but that is how many Americans view soccer.