View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 11:54 PM   #2
Will I Am
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Need Help From a PYS 6 Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarityman
I need help from a PYS 6 Expert. Please excuse the new thread, as I couldn't find any answers to my questions in the impressions thread from several years ago.

I recently picked up this game and I was stunned and disappointed that the CPU never threw any balls in the WBC mode. I figured out how to change it to Hard- in Exhibition during the match up screen before the game loads, but is there any way to SAVE this setting??? Every time I start a new WBC game I have to change it. I can change it in the reg PYS shell. Game is horrifyingly broken on Normal-- still can't believe CPU throws NO BALLS WHATSOEVER on this difficulty!

Also, when playing WBC mode... sometimes a screen comes up and I'm forced to change my starter. Why does this happen? My starter can't be getting injured this frequently... even if the pitcher is tiring, I should have the option to leave him in, no?

Last game I played Vasquez (CPU) lasted 7 innings and was getting lit up... Matsuzaka (1P) lasted less than 5, despite not giving up a single run. Is there a way to keep my pitcher in when I see this screen?

Overall I have to say I'm shocked at how disappointed I am with this purchase... I wanted WBC mode and had been wanting 6 for years. If someone could help me with either of these two issues it would REALLY help the game for me.... thank you!
Well I have never played pys6 but if it's like the others you need to set your settings in the utility menu to get them to stick. As far as no balls been thrown, under batting settings make sure cpu pitch cursor set to off, if you have it on fade they will tend to throw only strikes. As for you having to change pitchers it's likely the wbc mode where pitchers are allowed to only throw so many pitches.