View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 09:48 AM   #47
Mrleaderboards
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: 2K Sports Names Kevin Durant as NBA 2K15 Cover Athlete, Arrives October 7th

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
What previous installment was this successfully done in?

we talk about sacrifices...

I personally don't want to sacrifice realism for the sake of perceived control. I don't want to be able turn on a dime like I did in 2k7-2k8. That was fun for then, but it doesn't make any sense to return to that now.

The answer of course, is somewhere in the middle.
you're bugging bro. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO TURN ON A DIME!

This slow a s s game sucks bro. Its the ONLY basketball game available, and as a fan of videogames and basketball, i dont have a choice but to play this.
Iwould prefer to be able to control my guys on the court as i see fit than to adhere to the logic and stiff player movements and terrible button responses on 2k.
Why else do you think people who have been playing this franchise for so long, dream of 2k going back to the "way it used to be"? Older games gave us more controls, more options, better game modes, and didnt charge us for petty stuff like arm bands, headbands and other accessories.
I dont mind change....change can be good...but it also can be bad.
Honestly, ever since 2k12, i saw that the change that 2k was going for was not in a good direction. They started feeling themselves and lost sight of what got them to the position that they were in(NBA 2k11-2010) the first place.

Being hungry, wanting to be the best, and willing to listen to the people, and awesome control over simulated basketball is what made 2k great.

Nowadays.... 2K just LOOKS good....and the modes offered are the worst that its ever been. The online is an abomination, and VC eats into every mode which deters people from wanting to keep playing this game.

All im saying is back to your original statement, i and a whole bunch of other folks that have played 2k over the years are used to a certain standard, and we have put 2k on notice that these past few years, ps4 and Xbox One included versions of 2k14 are not living up to the 2k Standard as far as options and controls are concerned. we just want back who we fell in love with....

I swear they need to get rid of these controls and bring it back to 2k11 without all the health bar, and losing the ball stuff...I've never seen any nba player get tired from dribbling, or lose his dribble from trying to spin off his defender.

I wanna be able to have control over the players like THIS!!! Bring this back 2k.

Maybe this is why they wont let you spin at will at the top the key with a defender on, because 2k knows how effective a spin move can be on a defender.