View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 04:18 PM   #8
Stolm
Pro

Stolm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Still Not Enough Walks (And Difficulty Talk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouserHUN
I do not use guess pitch, here is what I do to draw walks:

I try to take as many pitches as I can. To tell the truth, I stop playing if I have take percentage under 50%. When I get ahead in the count (2-0, 3-1) I go for the hit. When I get behing in the count (0-1, 0-2) I go defensive and swith to contact hitting. What usually happens is that a pitchers throw balls in a hope that I will chase. I have never seen this with default sliders in past games. Now, they just don't throw that many strikes on 0-2 counts. I try to foul off borderline pitches, but on a 0-2, 1-2 count my main target is to go back to 2-2 and 3-2. If I have a better hitter up, I try to hit on 2-2, but with worse hitters I stay contact on 2-2, in hope of a single or to make it 3-2. And on 3-2 you just need to be very selective.

If you candrive up the pich count (a la Red Sox), and you force the pitcher to throw 20+ pitches an inning, you will get a walk or a big hit.

Playing The Show 14 is better than ever. The game has never been soo good

Küldve az én iPad-ről Tapatalk használatával
I'm not having trouble with the fundamentals of drawing a walk, its that I'm not seeing any actual balls being thrown outside the zone. Specifically in the minors in RTTS.