View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 10:25 AM   #182
FaceMask
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Trailer - See The Transformation This June, Releases on August 26th

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
All you ever need to know about the developers of this game was stated by themselves when Madden 13 was released. Being able to throw the football OVER a defender was actually touted as an accomplishment in the game. Imagine not being able to hit the cutoff man in a baseball game or throw a bounce pass in an NBA game. This is what was actually touted as an "advancement" for this game. Not to mention, it STILL has issues. If you've had a chance to play the Show, you will realize how incredibly inept the development strategy for Madden is.
I hate Baseball, and I mean HATE it. But I love MLB The Show. How does that happen? Because when a game is that well done it can't be denied. The game is amazing.

Comparing MLB The Show's development progress to Madden's is like comparing the modern Homosapien to the Pre-Historic Man dragging his knuckles and still trying to walk upright.

Quote:
We've gone 10 years and have a silly game. Paper folding bodies...
Here is Aaron Rubber, er, I mean Rodgers @ 9:16 of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGXQ...jtqjF-fb02zD3w

Quote:
It's all very sad and depressing. I will always continue to hold out hope that as a die hard football fan, I can get a realistic, simulation game that actually blows me away. Nothing in Madden blows you away. Instead, you find yourself saying, "are you serious?", "what the hell was he doing there?", etc. etc. Especially after seeing the same ridiculous spin and fall forward for 5 yards animation that the RBs do about 20 times a game, even when their momentum and the laws of physics say otherwise.
Exactly, man. I don't understand what all this spinning around is supposed to be. Players in this game get hit and start barrel rolling, even during tackles where clearly the guy should just go down clean. There is just too much extra movement where it shouldn't be.

And then sometimes a guy will get hit from the side or behind, but they'll go down so immediately that it's like it skips a ton of frames and they're suddenly down. This is a deficiency you commonly see in indie-level games and I give that a pass, but at the AAA level?

I also don't understand why ball carriers get blown up so much in this game, it's too arcade in that regard. Even players who in real life have never been seen getting blown up ever, get blown up in Madden easily and constantly. If players got blown up that much in real life, there wouldn't be an injury report after every game, there'd be an obituary roll.