View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 11:55 PM   #190
splff3000
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Madden NFL 15 Trailer - See The Transformation This June, Releases on August 26th

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
You do know that marketing not developers control the flow of information right? Devs could be making the worst madden in years and marketing would be hyping it up for all to see. The developers don't market the game. There has been no information because its not June. That is when the marketing team for madden will start to make their money. It even says as much in the title of this post.

Only thing that is weird to me, is the lack of chatter from the Game "Changers". Those guys are usually talking somewhere and it doesn't seem to be the case this year. That could be good or bad.
I don't really think you will be seeing much from the game changers this year or any other year for that matter. I'm pretty sure the cat is out of the bag in regards to them. I'm sure those guys will still probably go down and give their input but I doubt you see them hyping the game up like they usually do. I'm sure a lot of people know by now that a lot of that was marketing. The game changers program credit rating is most likely at an all time low with the hardcore fans so it probably wouldn't do much good to have them ranting and raving about how good madden is like they're normally doing around this time.

The absence of ANY substantial news by this time is pretty odd to me. I wouldn't say I'm concerned, but I AM quite curious as to what's going on. My gut tells me that they are waiting til E3 to show off a polished version of madden instead of showing crude mock ups throughout the year to tell us what they're working on. I also don't think it's a coincidence that NCAA isn't coming out this year and we haven't gotten any news. Over the years, there were a lot of times that I thought madden was just releasing info because ncaa was releasing info and they didn't want the fanboys wondering where the Madden news is. No NCAA this year so no need to rush madden news. That's just my take tho.

Last edited by splff3000; 05-20-2014 at 11:57 PM.