View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 05:43 AM   #8
trukulo
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Basketball Tycoon 2014 (in development)

Hi, thank you very much for your comments!

I'll go into detail in every question

- Editability: Full rosters and draft csv files (very simple) updatable.

- Sliders: We want to give control to the player, so you can try changing global tendences and probabilities of almost everything, number of possesions, 3p probabilty, foul probability, home importance... We know one thing for sure: the best way to have a good game, it's giving community the power to change it

- For now, setting minutes it's kind of difficult, because we want to keep it simple for now, maybe in the future, but being a mobile game we try not to go into so much micromanagement (although i know a lot of people love it). Mabe in future versions we'll do it, but for now we have a lot of work yet in basic functionality. Anyways, we note it

- Uneven substituion, for now, we just have a simple thing: a start player plays between 24-42 minutes, a minute more if it's a start, we know it's not realistic but it works well in terms of easy playability, and speed (mobiles are very slow if we have to simulate everything).

- There are no tendencies, just skills, and tendencies for team. Also you can have 3 star players in your team, that shoot more, but that's it. As you see, numbers are no so bad, it works

- Injueries on/off, noted for version 1.5 with advanced settings.

- All teams control? Kind of difficult really, but not impossible, maybe in a future 2.0 version.

About Glitches:

- Thanks for telling, i'll correct that one, but our intention is in future editions let players upload their csv files with rosters, and future drafts (we don't even have a draft yet).

- We need to work in translation, we are spanish and we mostly work in spanish, this english version was made in ... 20 minutes but before release, we will get it better.

- In our tests, in several leagues played, the tendency is that in the east there are some playoffs team with losing record. So, west is stronger than east. Maybe sometimes East gives you a surprise, but i know there's one thing lacking, and it's one bonus for experience we yet have to implement.

- NBA Real over 20, in our game we have... (checking) 30. So yes, it's too much, we have to tune it for less scoring, and maybe less rebounding, but it's really a side effect of how we use subs, only 5. Not sure how we can fix this without altering too much the logic of the game but... can be done i think

- Bad teams with not so bad W-L records. Same as west vs east, we need a bonus for veteran players.

- Fining tune stats it's always a work in progress in this kind of games We try to improve it as much as we can, constantly. We're not so far of good stats, i think

Expand
- The logic for trades it's in early stages, there's just an assigned market value for players, and they trade considering that value. Maybe in the future there will bi different market values for winner teams, contenders, reconstruction...

- Logic for FA not implemented yet.

- No couches, maybe in future versions.

- CBA not implemented, but kind of, we will use a very simple salary cap, fixed, and if you win conference or world finals, expanded in some millions. We try to keep it very simple, it's a mobile game.

- you have 4 examples in the last screens, HOU 106.6, IND 103.5, MIN 105.2, WAS 105.2. Usually in our tests, teams goes from 100 to 110 PPG.

- Monetization in what way? If it's money for teams, not. If it's for the game itself, we want to release this first version with one playable season free with ads, and in the next version (if it works well) we want a free version with ads or a 0.99$ version with no ads. But we're not 100% sure about this yet.

Thanks for your comments!