View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 11:47 PM   #83
Robo COP
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: I suffer from RDS (Restarting Dynasty Syndrome)

^ I've considered going the no scouting route. I just hate doing it lol. And I don't no if I could handicap myself that much when I know that CPU teams still get the full benefit of the recruiting tree (extra points, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I've heard this several times about how recruiting results in making teams ridiculously good. Is this because of the overall that you end up getting? Or is it the actual gameplay that translates? I'm just wondering because the OS sliders we use, adjusting the coaching sliders, it's resulted in a different approach to the games overall. By default, the CPU's approach to their offense/defense has been pretty linear with the aggression sliders.
Overall mostly. Knowing that the whole "wait till week 2 and then search for players who aren't being recruited by anyone" method exists...it's hard to resist the temptation of the easy recruiting.

I'm definitely going to edit the aggression sliders like you do with your slider set. As of now I am set up with buffeyes sliders though. It was what I was using before I took a break from the game, although I know he has made a lot of changes. Back a couple months ago when I was playing was before you guys had your heisman set out and the all american set up was too easy.

I am using that old all american set in my online dynasty though. Reason being it is with my cousin and a friend and they don't play as much and aren't as good. I don't think they would survive on heisman slider sets. Unfortunately I didn't have the time to edit all the aggression settings for coaches beforehand (since you can't edit coaches in an online dynasty) so I just played Oregon and they went for a screen pass on all but 2 3rd down attempts, regardless of distance.

I've considered taking a look at the sliders but right now I am just ready to get the dynasty going. I'll see how buffeyes work out for me for a bit and may try out the community sliders later