View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 02:45 PM   #6
dghustla
Pro

OVR: 4
While the "wait for the engine to hit it's stride" theory applied to the last gen of consoles, i have to disagree that it should apply to this current gen of consoles. PS4 and Xbox1 are as close to PCs as gaming consoles have ever been. The devs have had access to this tech with enough time to make a bit more of the splash. Some devs have already done so while others are still waiting to build up. Watchs Dog and Infamous seconds sons are only scratching the surface of next gen power and still manage to be impressive games. 2k and The Show have struggled shoring up their servers for online play but the solo game, plays and looks amazing for both. Sure it's not the final product we'll get 5 years from now but you can see and feel the improvements over their current gen versions.

Personally i don't think many next gen owners are asking or expecting these games to take full advantage of next gen power at this point. I think that like myself many ppl want to see an improvement over current gen and that's why we made the investment to next gen.