MVP

OVR: 25
Re: The Cardinal Way Part 2: Ascension

Guido's Italian Restaurant
The Back Room
St. Louis, MO
May 20th, 2014
10:53 PM

Losing ball games by the truck load was not the "Cardinal Way." Sure the players and the front office knew it... Sure the media was getting restless... Sure there were whispers about cleaning house. For the first time in years, the casual Cardinal fan could turn on the radio and listen to rant after rant about who's not hitting, who's not pitching or who's not being fired. Everyone knew that being under .500 through May would be unacceptable for the franchise, for the city and for Cardinal Nation.

While the winds of dissapointment and disdain rolled cast a shroud over St. Louis... The tipping point for a certain powerful group had already passed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ??? 1
It's unacceptable... That's what it is. I think we're all old enough to recognize the value of baseball and the value of the Cardinals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ??? 2
You're right, the Cardinals hold a special place in all of our hearts. I don't know about you fellas but I can't bear to watch the Cards go downhill like this.
Quote:
I think you spoke for everyone here tonight. The problem is though... there isn't a problem with this team. Every thing looks good on paper, the talent is there... the coaches are fine... hell, even the front office is doing A-OK.
Quote:
There's only one problem here and that's the owner. I don't know about you fellas but I'll never forgive him for letting Pujols walk and getting rid of La Russa. Those guys should've been Cardinal lifers... No matter the cost.

Some things are just bigger than the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ??? 3
We didn't come here to shoot the breeze... We came here to talk business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ??? 4
You're right, let's get down to business... We can do this quiet or we can go loud. What I mean is we can "remove" Dewitt or we can buy him out. It's going to take a whole lot of money and there's no guarantee he even accepts the offer...
Quote:
Well then we'll just pitch him an offer... If he doesn't like it? Kick rocks. We just go to plan B.
Quote:
Heh... it's only a matter of time...

I've heard that sound 3 times... once was Babe Ruth, the second was Josh Gibson, and the third was Bo Jackson- Buck O'Neil