View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 10:16 PM   #55
royals19
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: The Cardinal Way Part 2: Ascension

... If you thought I was joking when I said that things were bad, boy you better guess again. We aren't playing bad baseball. We're leading the league in average, home runs, doubles, ABs, Triples and stolen bases. We're also ranked in the top 10 in most of the major pitching categories. We can't blame this on back luck and we obviously can't blame this on the numbers. It all falls down to the make-up of the team.

Like all the losses before, we got behind early again due to shouty starting pitching. This time, the blame falls on Lance Lynn who just didn't have the command tonight. He missed his spot big time and paid dearly for it as Brandon Belt absolutely destroyed his pitch.

I'll admit, we did make a gallant comeback attempt behind a couple of home runs but as usual, it simply wasn't enough to overcome the Giants onslaught tonight.

I'm not sure how much more I can take of this. I mean, it's one thing to be the Houston Astros and drop 100 games. But to be the St. Louis Cardinals and be under .500 entering June? That's a living on the edge. The Cardinals have a certain pedigree that they have to live up to because of their history.

Things are about ready to blow folks...

I've heard that sound 3 times... once was Babe Ruth, the second was Josh Gibson, and the third was Bo Jackson- Buck O'Neil

Advertisements - Register to remove