View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 11:48 AM   #1
RaychelSnr
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
FIFA 15: Impressions from Hands-On Event

Several media outlets got a chance to partake in a hands-on preview of FIFA 15 some time ago, with the overall vibe coming from the meeting that FIFA was on the general right course but that the changes might not be as huge as people might want. Here are some snippets of what people thought of the game (with links to the full articles):

From FUTHead:

Quote:
"The game is shaping up nicely, as you'd expect with a full release to build upon, but the cosmetic changes outweigh the gameplay ones for me at the moment, hopefully because it's easier to see the impact they make and because the gameplay changes are still early in development. EA were keen to talk about player movement and how agile players now are but it did feel a bit unfinished, there was something about player movement that just felt a little off, maybe it's just me. Overall I'd currently call it a good improvement over FIFA 14, but not a huge one as it stands."

From Kotaku:

Quote:
"It's another year, it's another FIFA game, and it's another occasion where I've felt I've played a few matches on a good game and spoken to a person who is honestly trying to make something that people will enjoy."

From vg247:

Quote:
"FIFA 15′s main objective is to present the game in a way that feels as close as possible to what you can expect when watching football on TV. To recreate that sensation, each player now has his own system of emotions – influencing their on-pitch reactions, expressions and relationships."

From Computer And Video Games:

Quote:
"Even the physics for corner flags (players would previously run through them as if invisible) and goal frames are correctly implemented. Bury a Yaya thunderbolt from close range and you'll see the frame lift off the ground for an instant, as you'd expect to occur in reality.

These tiny intricacies are the type that will likely go unnoticed by the majority of FIFA players. But for the rest of us, those desperate to see this series keep up with MLB The Show and NBA 2K in terms of authenticity and believability, they're massive inclusions."
Advertisements - Register to remove