View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 12:59 PM   #19
LorenzoDC
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: OS Roundtable: Is Madden's Focus Where it Should Be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue12
Just because they focus on the defensive side doesn't mean it will affect the difficulty going up against the computer A.I., but I really hope that is the case. I also hope they greatly reduce the number on interceptions by the computer defense, as that was usually the only thing that ever stopped me.
This is what really bugged me about M25. No matter how I tweaked the sliders, or whose slider set I used, I could not find a sweet spot in CFM.

For my defense, I either shut down CPU opponents pretty handily OR gave up a ton of yards and scores. On offense, I was able to tone down my run game, even lower than my team ratings would suggest I should get, but my passing game was only ever really stopped by interceptions, which came at a high rate.

I learned to be much more cautious with the throws I would attempt, but it was still a battle. If I toned down the INT's too much, then I could not otherwise be stopped by the defense, or I would reduce WR catching and see 8 drops per game. . .. it all killed the sim style I wanted to play.

I just want the game balance to be more like a real game if I play 15 minute quarters. Working with sliders, I can never get a real balance that does not create cheese one way or another, or tip the balance too far out for either the user or the CPU.