Old 06-10-2014, 10:15 PM   #102
charter04
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden NFL 15: In-Depth Gameplay Interview With Rex Dickson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beelzebot44
So the solution to that is to continue to focus on last gen? Why do you think it is that the old gen games have been better? The answer is because they keep focusing on consoles that are on the way to obsolescence instead of putting all effort into the new tech.

Just the quote that they "pushed hard" for parity is where my concern comes from. It gives me the impression that they focused more on making sure last gen systems could handle the features than on actually pushing the limits.

My comment about it being backward is that instead of giving current gen users a port of a game designed to run on old tech, they should give old gen users a pared down version of the stuff that can only be done on the new tech. If done properly, that should still be an upgrade over last year's old gen game and then everybody wins.

It's only backward when looking at from what OS guys want. It's smart when you look at it from a business view. PS3 and 360 are still huge instal bases. They will still sell a ton of those games if they make them a priority. They can't just abandon those games. That's throwing away a lot of money. It seems from what I'm hearing and reading that they are still making current gen worth making the jump.