View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 10:15 AM   #9
Big FN Deal
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 15: Hands-On Impressions

This write up expresses the impression I got from reading about Madden 15 so far, nicely improved but still lacking in some key areas.

I was really glad to read about the inaccurate QBs because I have always felt that the passing game should have proper risk/reward, linked to ratings and situation. I should be nervous dropping back to pass with all but the most elite of NFL QBs and/or offensive schemes, not just flinging it all over the field, all game, regardless of the QB or team. I despised QB Vision and never want to see it again but it did add a much needed element of risk/reward for the passing game. Hopefully Tiburon can build on these pass inaccuracies, with independent physics for the football and true weather effects to make passing risk/reward even more evident.

I remember back on the older consoles when playing older NFL games, I had to focus on playing good defense and time of possession through the running game when playing with my Redskins because we didn't have a solid dependable QB. I look forward to those days again, when you actually have to adapt the way you play based on your team's and opponent's personnel.

Also about interceptions, I agree with the writer, don't nerf them down, if the situation makes sense that it be an INT, let it be an INT, regardless of how many occur. Again, if there is not proper risk to doing x, then there is no need for anyone to stop trying to do it, lol. An incomplete pass is not a big enough deterrent for some gamers, so take the training wheels off and let them set NFL records for INTs until they learn to not force passes, take what's there, setup plays, run the ball more, etc.