Old 06-11-2014, 02:00 PM   #443
Iceman87GT
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15
re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Isn't the tech issue with the Vikings jersey that they use two different fonts? EA probably uses the same number font for both the chest/back of the jersey that they do for the shoulders, so one of those is going to be wrong either way until they change that.

Not saying they shouldn't fix it, because they 100% should for authenticity, but clarifying what the tech issue is might be helpful for discussion (though this specific discussion is off-topic in this thread, obviously).
That is definitely the issue, I get it not being correct in M25, but IMO, there is no excuse for it not to be fixed for M15 (hopefully those screenshots of the Vikings are not the final ones). It would take some extra doing but you have a license (which at this point may no longer be exclusive but you are still the only one putting out a game), and you should put forth the extra time it would require to get that aspect right.

Is there any chance JP could ask them about this again? I've tweeted at a few people and got nothing, maybe they'll respond to a game changer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitz2k2
To me nothing changed in the game. They haven't even add the coaches or the audience to react such as more movements.For example say a player runs into wrong team on the sidelines trying to go for a catch.You do that the coach and the team just stand there like robots. Heck camera crew on the sidelines stay in one positon all day.That ish still hasnt changed. They still havent added like a qb throwing an int and him walking to sidelines to his coach and letting him get chewed out or we see short conversation with the qb and the coach. They should add in fines in games to the point if you excced in fines your player cant play for few games etc.I would like to see more of cb vs wr like face to face both fighting to get that ball in the air. Show trash talking.It like all these things and they cant even add in this yr madden 15?is sad.Every yr everyone is like omgggggggg graphics look sick but once you play the game 10-20x graphics don't mean ish anymore.It more of gameplay and features and more interacting which madden 15 has fialed every year. Doesnt matter next yr madden will fail until the fire everyone on the team and add people that know how to make the game.
I think you are actively blocking out any positives and choosing to only focus on what is still (or might still becuase we have no confirmation either way on a few things you mentioned) be missing as if those things are now the end all be all of what makes Madden a good football game. This is undeniably a positive step for the franchise, the question is how big of a step in the right direction will it be. What matters most is gameplay, I'd like to see them add in coaching interactions but more important to me (and I assume most on this site) is the actual gameplay, the fact that they appear to have upped the gameplay (the question still remains just how much better is it), and stepped up their game visually is big.

This is something that is frustrating about this site at times. EA/Madden can do no right, and while their lack of innovation in recent years has given gamers more than enough reasons to be skeptical of what they put out, the fact that Madden addresses gameplay and instead of focusing on whether or not those changes are positive, you immediately harp on them for what they aren't doing visually in regards to coaching interactions (which again we have no way of knowing if they are in or not at this point), sends a mixed message to them. Do you want an increase in visuals or gameplay? Your answer should be both, but when they give you both you instead focus on what they didn't do visually and this can lead to a greater focus on visuals and less focus on gameplay.

You don't have to praise the changes they have made, or be remotely impressed by what they have shown us, but please be constructive in your criticism. Don't focus only on the negatives, look at what they are doing positively and let them know what they can do to improve that even further, in addition to pointing out what isn't working and what is missing. Saying it sucks and you should start over is not how you get a better game.
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers