View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 06:43 PM   #502
bucky60
Banned

OVR: 5
re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Counter-point - there's no point in iterating on a design if the initial design wasn't good in the first place. Such was the case with the QB vision game mechanic, in my opinion. Doesn't make it a gimmick, just a poor mechanic / feature.
It happens so often, I get the feeling a lot of these things are added with the intent on taking them out and being replaced, or added back X years later. Things like the vision cone, I wouldn't disagree that it was poorly implemented and that's why it had such a short existence. I consider Madden 12 wasted development time since they were already planning on scrapping all that development for connected careers.

We all have our opinions on what was/is poorly implemented. Mine is the connected careers/franchise. Some design decision made it so static instead of dynamic, that features like full editing had to be removed. Whether it was the player story-lines, XP goals or whatever.

Then there is the entire XP system that I feel was poorly implemented, but that's just a personal opinion. I find it very unrealistic and incredibly limiting. I do concede that it is a good arcade progression system (minus the tediousness of it).

Whether we use the term gimmicky or very poorly designed, it doesn't say much for the development of the game. I'd like to see things, both on and off the field, added and expanded upon, not removed. As much as I hate the XP system, I don't want to see it removed. Others like it. I would definitely like to see an optional in depth and realistic progression system added. I would like the game so much more if I could choose a realistic progression system.