View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 07:15 AM   #36
OhMrHanky
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
The Tackling in Madden 15 is ATROCIOUS!

I think I said this on another discussion, but I'll say it here, too. As much I'd love to see some of these things (gang tackling) right out of the box, they're not quite there. However, if u play with the sliders, u can find them. For everyone here who doesn't think gang tackling exists in madden 25, crank up your roughing the kicker slider. I've got mine at 63, but feel free to play with it to see what u get. I know this seems a bit ridiculous, but my guess is whatever is in the slider for RTK basically allows for extra hits after the play. As in, the kicker kicks the ball, the play is 'over', and he still can be hit. I know this 'shouldn't' affect all other plays, but this is madden, and I don't know what they've got in their funky code. However, as I tested various things, I was pleasantly surprised when I upped the RTK slider. This just seemed to up the overall aggression from the players and everyone seemed to play right up to the whistle. And, yes, I do see gang tackling and I do see assisted tackles (although, not often enough, I think the engine just doesn't record these properly). Try it from 63-70 and see if u see gang tackling. Once again, I'd love to see these things out of the box, but after realizing that all-pro was never going to be real enough, and all-madden was always going to be all-ridiculous, I finally turned to tweaking sliders to my preference, and I suggest everyone do the same. Same thing with catch animations. Sadly, again, out of the box, they just didn't all seem to be there. Up WR catch to 64, and there they are. WR now challenging for the ball more. Better toe taps, etc. So, strangely, with EA, it's in the game, it's just hiding in the game. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk