View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 10:55 AM   #797
bucky60
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
And then Tiburon gets berated for holding stuff back. With respect to this forum and scoping issues the studio is in a no-win position.
This is a little true with most video games. Even NBA2K and The Show have some of this. But I would have to say that EA/Tib has brought a lot of this on themselves. And if the current Dev team has the desire to change this with some of us, they have the opportunity to deliver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Sports games are iterative creatures. Frankly, Tiburon has done a _ton_ with the presentation across the board this year; if the halftime show couldn't be fully fleshed out on account of presentation changes made elsewhere, I think they made the right decision as to where to spend resources.
I look at this as they haven't allocated enough resources. But that really all depends on what view your looking at this from. From the "we have the exclusive and it's going to sell" view, the resources are about right. From the "why is this game not on par with other major sports titles" view, not nearly enough resources allocated. I just don't consider the exclusive license a developmental resource, even though it probably cuts into the development budget.