View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 03:41 PM   #78
GiantBlue76
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Folks want a good football video game. Folks don't care who makes it. If EA made a great game with their exclusive rights, no one would care.

But they don't. That's what folks are unhappy with.

The NFL puts a great product on the field. No reason to be mad at them.
Great post Bezo, and it sums up what I've been saying for years and years now. I grew up playing every football game ever made since the Atari 2600. Madden was a big part of that. Never once did I give a crap about the company. I care about the product. The reason I left Madden and went to 2k was because it was a better game (IMO). I was extremely angry back when the exclusive was signed because I knew this would happen (along with countless others). I would not have given a damn had EA really pushed it and made a game like the guys from Sony did for baseball. Would not have even cared to post on OS about exclusivity or the frustrations. Why would I? I have a game that I love.

The problem with this whole thing is that they took away a superior product, and then haven't even been able to catch up in 10 years. That's like buying a 2001 model car. Then you go to the dealership in 2009 and you want to get the latest model. Then you find out the newest model doesn't have power steering, power windows/locks, cruise control or a stereo, but for some reason, it costs 5 grand more than your current model. Would you be happy if you were forced to buy that car or have no car at all? The same applies here.