View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 06:16 PM   #111
GiantBlue76
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
TakeTwo is a product of their own football game demise: they undersold a valuable product whose immediate competitor (EA) had more power.

If this ttrend stuck, would it be realistic or even reasonable to continue selling NFL video games for far less than NBA titles?

2K hurt their own pockets and in a passive aggressive way they slapped the NFL in the face by cheapening the product with such low standards for price points.

I was on a strictly EA Sports diet when NFL 2k and other competitors were around - EA had that power over me. It was not until NBA Elite dropped that I dropped my bias affection for EA.

Since then, we have seen NCAA Football drop and that title had no immediate competition, similar to Madden.

It is fair to conclude that EA can be the target of their own worst enemy. I am less loyal to EA based on their product value alone, nothing else matters.

NBA2K11 was a dream come true for me that I would never have experienced had EA delivered a valuable product that was in line w the standards of the day.

Competition can be a fickle matter

I learned in the movie JOBS that Steve Jobs preached to be different and in effect "challenge yourself to be uniquely great".

Who was JOBS competitor when he dropped the iPod?

It was this attitude of pioneering greatness and having a steadfast desire to satisfy the consumer's social status cravings that propelled Apple to the pinnacle of businsss sucess - Most Valuable Company in the World!

Creating a valuable brand always begins with your willpower and vision: the onus is on EA Tiburon and nobody else.

How is it that the most popular sport in America is not the highest selling sports video game title in America?

Madden currently serves more as a fix for the addict than it does a box of chocolates for a lover.

Is it possible for Madden to produce a ★★★★★ product annualy? Based on their financial resources, human capital talent, exclusive license, and brand power: I believe it is complacent and unjust for them not to.

A company like Apple does not need exclusive rights: they are forever blazing a trail for followers.

Jobs made it not only his job but his passion to ensure that every consumer be the utmost proud of his product / their purchase - he wished to suffer them no remorse, no shame: but pure joy and satisfaction.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
Rex's challenge aside, he has passion and I believe he genuinely does care about this product. However, one of the main differences between him and someone like Jobs (other than the obvious) is that Jobs had some of the smartest, most talented developers working for him. Tiburon does not... When I say developer, I mean the actual PROGRAMMER writing the code. That's where it all goes bad for these guys. Rex can have some of the best ideas in the world. Without the programmers to build it, no one will ever know.
Advertisements - Register to remove