View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 07:49 PM   #121
Jermaine76
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MossMan84
Still this doesnt stop someone from making a generic game now and building on it until they can get a share of the license! Maybe if 2k wouldve put out a game every 2-3yrs or so it would be amazing by now and giving madden a run for its money! This just baffles me to death. You cant tell me there isnt a market for another football game even if its not licensed! 90% of every comment I ever read about madden from every website, gamesites, facebook, youtube, ect. is a negative-bashing comment, so another game would sell maybe not as much as madden but enough to turn a profit. Wish I could win the powerball because I would fund the game and you all would be on my development team.
If 2K wanted to put out another generic game, they need to aggressively market the game to death. They did a horrible job marketing APF2K8. Just go on YouTube and look at the press conference they had with Jerry Rice. It looked like they rented out a small conference room at the local Comfort Inn and had FedEx Office design the wallpaper in the background. Just stick to a handful of legends..not a lot so you don't have to pay a lot of players to use their likenesses. Use that money on marketing and continuously say "the makers of NBA2K series...etc, etc." Make the game fully customizable like the creators of Backbreaker did...either via the Xbox or a disc that would word for a PC to customize it.
Advertisements - Register to remove