View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 08:53 PM   #876
wordtobigbird
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

-The pre-game presentation was on point. I definitely won't be skipping through Madden's scenes, at first anyway lol.
-CPU didn't bite on his kick return backjuke.
-The new playcalling screen is too big but the new info will change strategy a ton. Finally get to have the info on success of plays.
-Cycling through camera pre-snap. Small but appreciated.
-His first pass was incomplete because he was throwing while backing up! I had to put QBA slider on 3 to get this to happen in Madden25.
-CPU can play run defense on All-Pro. Thank god.
-Matchup stick: HUGE. Great QBs know the matchups every snap.
-2nd pass he made a bad read. Good to see the DE drop into coverage and drop the ball. #13 was wide open underneath on that one.
-Crowd reactions are improved. The "Aw" on the punt touching back at least.
-Playing defense is going to be a lot of fun. Dline use to be boring to me. Always played as a LB/S. Now I will use every position with that defensive cam. Going to love playing as S and CB with that cam.
-Wilson checks the ball down when Shop pressures him on that first play.
-Realistic fumble. Lynch had just caught the pass and turned into Willis breaking laying the wood.
-I wish the replay showed more of the play. From the pressure to the fumble.
-CB breaks up a pass trailing in man coverage! Again this was a struggleeeeeee to get to happen in M25 with sliders. DBs just wouldn't react when trailing unless it was that diving swat animation which was rare.
-Chancellor's coverage on Davis was good but he was open. Good to see that Chancellor is competent back there but theres still windows for good passes.
-Again more run defense by the CPU! Chancellor came in from deep and hit the gap very nicely.
-He misses his throw again because he's dropping back instead of stepping up in to the pocket. LOVE IT. If he were to step into the pocket and make his throws his accuracy would shoot up. At least it did in M25 with QBA on 3.
-Wilson passes on rhythm. Throw isn't perfect and DB breaks it up.
-Seriously, when was the last time you saw this many incompletions/broken up passes on DEFAULT?
-CPU RB takes it up middle. Seems to use his vision.
-Wilson takes off with the ball. Very similar to last year with the CPU always scrambling the same but it was open and he took it. Good to see him have that awareness and use his legs even without that much pressure.
-Loving the run defense. Madden's 25 run game was either a TFL or a run of 3+ yards. I've seen a few 0-3 yard gains on this video which is where runs should be most of the time. M25 had way too many TFL's.
-CPU play calling is keeping it on the ground.
-CPU RB cuts upfield again. Good to see them using middle of field not trying to take everything straight to sideline like they tend to in past.
-Lynch gets 3 or 4 straight carries? Defense starts to wear down and yardage gets bigger.
-Take that back, he gets crushed as Shop calls a blitz. Nice.

I love what I saw. Looking forward to seeing more. Of course there could be better animations and commentary and other things. But as someone who did enjoy M25, at times. This is a great step in the right direction. The things that bothered me a lot in M25 seem to be fixed on default. I really can't complain for now.