Old 06-14-2014, 12:54 AM   #21
Big FN Deal
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Suggestions on fixing robotic animations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2K
I'd rather have control then be stuck in animations. Does it look totally realistic no. Does it feel good executing yes. I don't want 2k football. Madden is what is and always has been. I feel there are more important issues than how animations "look".
I hope Rex and this team are somehow able to put some of these myths, imo, out to pasture, like the one where you must sacrifice realism for control. I'm not going to rehash this debate that has been going on about Madden for as long as the exclusive, so I'll be brief.

What User control should equate to is responsiveness, meaning the User utilized the controller resulting in the in-game player performing an action. Control shouldn't equate to success and defying the laws of physics. It sounds simple enough but for some reason this concept seems to have evaded being a basic tenet in Madden for awhile.

If Stick Skillz Mcgee wants to ATTEMPT to make an in-game player do some action that defies the laws of physics, by all means the in-game player should be responsive BUT the in-game action performed should be realistic for the given situation.
Advertisements - Register to remove