Old 06-14-2014, 09:37 AM   #153
Big FN Deal
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymeeAwesome
I would have to say you wouldn't make a good business man. Shareholders and members of the board care about one thing...$$$$$. If they heard that you had an opportunity to wipe out the competition and increase your margins, and you told them "I'll just make a better product", you would be fired immediately.

All your responses are consumer minded. Brand recognition and marketing are what's keeping EA profitable, and that's all the Execs want. Money.

...and as a side note, have you not seen what M15 looks like. For the third game, in a stated 3 year cycle, it has improved. As long as they don't rip and replace next year, the future looks a little brighter.
This seems to confuse a good business idea/principle, with actual good business and based on what we know about the reported direct cost of the exclusiveS, lawsuit settlements and sales numbers since, the argument could be made that the way EA handled the NFL exclusive wasn't good business.

You seem to be referring to eliminating the competition through an exclusive as good business, in the general since, whereas I think SageInfinite is specifically referring to the way EA handled the whole process. In that context, again it can be argued, that EA could have done things differently and potentially made more profit.