View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014, 11:33 AM   #907
wordtobigbird
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
[*]Didn't really like the coverage on the Vernon Davis incompletion. The TE corner was a huge problem in man-to-man last year and there was just a ton of space between him and the defender. Like that Davis made an attempt to catch it but hoping most incompletions are closer than that.
But you have to look at two things: The way the defense was aligned and who was covering him. They had the box stacked with only a single safety deep. That safety will obviously most likely get pulled to the side with the two WRs. So that leaves Veron Davis, one of the fastest most athletic TEs running against Wagner and Irvin I think. He's going to outrun them to the corner every single time. That's the way it should play out. Also look at how much time he had to throw. If the Seahawks D gets pressure it wouldn't allow for that late developing corner route. Should've been a TD all day tho as it was drawn up. This goes to show the fault's in the CPU play calling more than anything imo.

Quote:
[*]Wish they would get rid of the suggestion on fourth down plays. In certain cases, it will tip you that the CPU is faking a punt.
Always hated that. Really dumb.

Quote:
[*]On the Wilson run would have liked to seem him scramble and look down field more than just tuck and run.
I don't think Madden has that yet. They are either in passing mode or running mode. I don't see them escape the pocket with urgency but looking to pass. Occasionally they will stop scrambling and throw but its rare.

Quote:
[*]Little alarmed on the Harvin catch. Baldwin came in motion and was running a shallow cross and the guy covering him stood for a second after the snap before reacting and then ran into his own guy going to cover him. Ultimately it left Baldwin with like a 10-15 yard gap between him and the defender. Even before the corner ran into his teammate there was still way too large of gap in coverage. Saw a similar thing happen on the TE as well. Hope this isn't a constant issue.
Nice catch. That has been an issue with players running into each other. this Player Sense 2.0 they talk about should address that too but it doesn't seem to. I'm hoping the late reaction has to do with ratings.

Quote:
[*]Tackling is meh. It works fine and looks good sometimes but visually it looks bad. Need more gang tackles and consistent wrap ups.
Yeah, until there are pileups and players freely allowed to collide into each other it will never look right.