Old 06-14-2014, 11:46 AM   #163
kjcheezhead
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymeeAwesome
I agree. I think the NFL saw that 2k was lowering the NFL brand and it made them realize that they needed exclusivity to make sure their brand was sold at a premium cost. EA probably saw the same thing and approached them. I now blame 2K for why we have no competition in football gaming. I can now see that when the NFL opens it up again, 2k may be denied license rights.
When the NFL opens it back up again? The NFL is married to EA now for better or worse until death do them part. EA won't face the possibility of a challenger for several more years. The ps4 will be at least 5 years old and any new game will have to be built from scratch since even APF will be 10 years old. The new game will also take 2 years of development just to deliver anything at all.

At that point, I don't see why EA would want to go exclusive. The NFL will wish 2k would want the license because how can they ask a premium price if you only have 1 potential buyer?

The situation just sucks to me. No matter how many improvements madden makes, it takes me 2 games at most to be just as competitive as I was with last year's version. It just gets boring to play. It makes me ill think this is all I'm ever going to get for football again.