Old 06-14-2014, 05:20 PM   #7
Dr Death
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Pure confusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo COP
Yes but at the same time, for all those undersized players who accomplished great things there are 10x the amount of undersized players who did great things in college and didn't do squat in the NFL.

Also, if EA did have guys get drafted based off of stats and not take size into consideration everyone would be complaining about how their Madden world is overpopulated by severely undersized QBs, RBs, WRs, etc. Yea, on occasion "undersized" players do great things in the NFL, but that's not the norm so it makes since that the game would try to reflect that. They may take it to too much of an extreme, but I'd rather them go to that extreme than the other way around. I wouldn't want to see every 5'11 95 ovr rated QB going in the 1st/2nd round year in and year out because that is just not how the NFL works
I understand what you're saying, believe me, I do. My point was that the way it is now is not realistic. There are those of us who don't transfer rosters to Madden, so when they "graduate" or "get drafted" or not, that's it.

What they should have is a system that calculates the player over their NFL career if drafted, and they should have a list of un-drafted guys who sign as free agents.

It's now 2014, the game came out in 2013, there's no excuse for this not being in the game. I think it could also be a huge thing for coaches who not only get players drafted, but that those players succeed at the next level. Of course not all would succeed, but if a recruit is looking at two schools, and one has a much greater success rate of sending players to the NFL and them succeeding, then that would be an obvious plus for that coach/school.

They could have a system in place so that every three years or five years you see a report on your NFL players. If you transfer the file to Madden, then you would have that as well.

Of course to do this, EA would have to make some serious changes to the game and with no competition, they will never go to that extreme, but if you're honest with yourself, you'll admit that this would add an immersion to the game that would really make it fun and yet, if done correctly, would add a realism to the game that is sorely lacking.