Old 06-15-2014, 06:22 AM   #213
tsbmolina
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I suppose it's possible but 2k knew the license was up after this year. It would've made more sense to approach the NFL two years ago so their game would be ready now when the ps4 and Xbox1 one are just getting started. EA had to recode or port madden to these consoles so this is about as level of a playing field as they could hope for.

I think this was our last realistic window for a competitor. I'm a little surprised the NFL would go exclusive for so long. EA holds are the cards when negotiating the price now. This isn't apparel where Nike can replace Reebok in a month or so. But the NFL must know something I don't. They're pretty good at making money.
Not necessarily because remember with a new system comes new development tools and it would have been impossible for 2K to know what the PS4 and Xbox One would be capable of 2 years ago. Now 2K knows and now they can start working on a new game. Also consider the fact that the install base for these systems are very small now and will be much greater two years from now. Why invest in such an expensive license now with little chance of recouping cost and selling as many copies then you would 2 years from now when the install base will be much greater, you can only sell as many copies as there are systems sold. Smart business would dictate be patient and attack when the odds are on your side.

Last edited by tsbmolina; 06-15-2014 at 06:37 AM.