Old 06-15-2014, 02:21 PM   #971
jpdavis82
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Icon5 Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
Fair enough, but you are moving the goalposts from the bright red line you drew last year. You also argued long and hard with anyone last year who said 25 was a port.

I don't mind anyone changing their minds with evidence, that's healthy. But it would be a lot more honest of you to admit you're making a change, that you were wrong about 15 being "it," if only out of respect to the people who said last year that 15 may represent progress, but there was too much to clean up for "one more year" to be the rallying cry (again).

I think that's probably still true for next year, which you seem now to be saying is the new bright red line for delivery. You're taking a rhetorical victory lap when you say people are coming around to where you were last year. It's a lot more convenient to cast yourself as the prohetic sage than to admit you were wrong in your vociferous argument that 15 would have to be "the one", or abandon the game.

In the end, I don't care one way or another. It's not about "gotcha" so much as it is about, c'mon man, stop blowing smoke! You're an advocate for the game and the dev team. So what? Own it! This place needs that side of the spectrum.
I just want the best game we can get and I believe this team can produce it. I'm on them on twitter quite a but so it's not always rose colored for me like it may seem to be on here. Like I said before hopefully we never will have to have these conversations about being letdown or that EA is incapable again. This still should be a really good and fun year of gaming for the majority of us. Some people will never be happy as long as EA is on the box but most of us see the improvement and change taking place.
Advertisements - Register to remove