View Single Post
Old 06-15-2014, 02:25 PM   #42
JKSportsGamer1984
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Has anyone noticed the pre-play fidgets now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
That's a nice touch but nah. That's a cutscene anyway that isn't even realtime. Number 17 isn't even on the field the next play, which is fine, I'm just saying.

You can just see the flaws in the base locomotion. Looks how in the very next play Charles walks to get set and he doesn't even really step he just slides his feet into position. That type of stuff is always gonna be there as long as that locomotion is under everything. That right there is just minor nitpicking, but stuff like that pops up all over the field with dudes sliding and gliding everywhere. They gotta redo that if they want to get the authentic look.
This is so true. It's always been one of my biggest gripes with Madden (other than gameplay issues if course) when I see players slide into position presnap or just sliding in general. I was specifically looking for stuff like this when watching these vids. It looks like they've eliminated a lot of it, in fact that Jamaal Charles slide into position was the 1st one I've really seen presnap so far. But you're right, this type of stuff needs to go for Next Gen. I'm even seeing players on sidelines sliding back & forth smh. I'm big on immersion & when I see stuff like this (along with sideline players not having names on their jersey) it totally kills it. So I wouldn't call it nitpicking, they need to get the little details right. The more realistic the graphics get, the more these issues will start to stand out.