View Single Post
Old 06-15-2014, 04:09 PM   #40
ggsimmonds
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Was/has there been any franchise info released?

On the issue of practice, I hope they added actual practice aside from the mini game drills. If I want to practice plays with my team I should be able to. It was in NCAA.

To the broader issue of CFM improvements, we were told when they switched to this connected careers mode that one of the benefits would be the work and features they would be able to add on in future releases. I have not forgot that promise so EA better deliver.

Specific things I want to see:
1. Create/edit a draft class: Always wanted this but with the absence of NCAA it becomes a necessity. It ain't that hard EA

2. Coaches should matter: Not just "traits" or "skills" but tendencies and philosophies. I could post an entire blog on the subject but here I will leave it at giving coaches personality. Speaking of personality...

3. Personality: Make CFM lifelike. Bring HC 09's personality system over and implement a morale system. I want to see holdouts and unhappy WRs if they don't get the ball enough.

4. Owner mode improvements: Currently it feels empty and meaningless. I can jack my prices to absurd levels and not see any impact when I play a game. And add more graphs and charts! Track attendance week to week and year to year.

5. Advanced stat tracking. I want to look back at previous years and see who led the league in a category. And add more stats, especially catches allowed for corners. The more advanced metrics the better.

6. Change the offseason format: I know this is as likely as Vulcans coming to visit us next week, but for the offseason instead of "advance week" can we pretty please get a calender similar to MLB The Show? Purty please?

7. Add some offseason goodies: Maybe it is because it is camp time but I think it would be cool if some type of camp was added to the offseason. Make it skills trainer and open practice but I want it to feel like it belongs. The primary reason is another topic but lets just say I think they should do away with "development speed" as is and make potential and possibly other ratings for rookies kinda hidden. The only way to reveal the ratings is give them reps in practice and preseason.
Lets use Manziel as an example. The Browns did not magically know every attribute (development speed included) when they drafted him. They need to see him in camp, practice, and game situations to get an idea of the player they have. Find a way to mimic this in game. It would make practice/preseason important and it would make for an interesting in game decision on whether or not to start that rookie.

I need to stop now before I start writing a small novel. Lets just say there is a lot I want added to CFM