Old 06-15-2014, 06:24 PM   #1000
jpdavis82
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
Dude I just want to say you should be an EA Game Changer lol. You're making some great points. I think EA is so afraid of alienating casual fans that they think if they make the game "too realistic" then it won't draw in the casuals smh. I happen to think it would be the total opposite. Casuals don't tend to get intimidated by realism, in fact I think more & more casuals are wanting realism in sports games as technology advances. What they get intimidated by are complexed control schemes. If it's one thing that EA does great it's their control schemes so that's not their issue lol. There's a reason why so many are drawn to games like NBA 2K & MLB the Show. These games look realistic in terms of animations. How many times have you heard someone say "I'm not even a baseball fan but the Show looks so good I just had to get it"? You never hear that about Madden. So my point is if EA would just quit trying to straddle the fence of realism vs noob friendly then the game would be much better off because of it. If they want to implement an arcade style mode for people who just prefer to have the game cheat for them by warping receivers into position, arcady style big hits, etc..then just have a separate mode for that. The problem comes in when they try to blend both sim & arcade together. That's why we have a lot of the issues you mentioned.
EA is going to make a sim football game and Cam and Rex are pretty much hellbent on it, Simfballcritic said many times that everything people want to see in a sim football game is coming. He told me we all have no idea where they are about to go in the next two years. He also said last year that by Madden 16 any developer would have a hard time to try and compete with Madden. We'll see, but he's pretty much been spot on about Madden since becoming a GC. Last year he was saying next gen M25 is still called M25 and people needed to keep that in mind and not to expect too much, I was one who did and I admit that but from this point forward I think I'm pretty realistic about my expectations. M15 is pretty close to where I expected, we'll see how the final build looks and what they polish and tweak from now until then, for one, I'm hoping they fill the gaps of silence on the halftime show and fix the cameras on replays during the highlights. CFM reveal will tell me a lot too, most of the fixes before final besides presentation ones won't really stand out as much so if the halftime show is the same in August, then we probably won't see much improvement in the other areas.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 06-15-2014 at 06:29 PM.