View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014, 07:53 PM   #448
Playmakers
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: The Photographic Side of Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen (PS4/Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1
Much appreciated, but keep in mind that for now it will only be Steelers/Cowboys. Madden 25 does not make editing quick and easy with regards to appearance, which, most importantly, include face/height/weight changes. There were very few 300 pounders in the 70's, for example, and no dreads. You can't do those things for current players, nor can you do them to a player AFTER he is created. I try to get the new players appearance right the first time. You can always edit everything else later. Some current players you can't even release if they are on injured reserve, but that's moot overall. Roster sizes in the 70's are smaller than today, so there will still be some current players left on the roster that I will rename to 'Smith' or something less identifiable, as well as change their equipment. I will also lower their ratings and I modify depth charts accordingly so that they likely won't even show up on the field. I did load my 78 Boys into offline franchise mode, but depth charts were messed up a bit. Hopefully that won't be the case for exhibition play when the file is exported. You can always fix that pretty easily and also season my player ratings to your taste. With regards to addition additional teams, that will depend on time and how many free agents are allowed since you can't delete players.
Depending on how good the game is I'll probably be doing roster file for the XBOX One version this year.

I was able to put together an entire 1990's All Decade file on Current Gen took me a full year to complete every team + free agents at the skill positions.

I hate to create players especially if i know they were in theri late 20's or early 30's duringa specific year for that team. Don't like a guy like Roger Staubach being listed as a rookie if you create him so I prefer utilizing current players who best fit his size and and age then re-rate the players.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Madden 15 is a big upgrade on XBOX One before I make a final decision to create a Classic roster file this year.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14