Old 06-17-2014, 12:45 PM   #293
CM Hooe
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: EA Still Owns the NFL License Exclusively

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBall Life
I can't leave the house right now, drive to my nearest pro stadium, walk onto the field and play 11 vs 11 NFL football in front of a crowd of 90,000. You have to compare one to one. Throwing the ball around in the yard with your brother is not an analog for a simulation of football.
True. However, you can play a several video games created with the explicit intent of emulating that experience in video game form, and Madden NFL is one of them. If Madden doesn't meet your quality standards, there are older games which attempted the same task. If those aren't good enough either, I guess you're out of luck? In which case I recommend you find something else to make you happy, given we all know the exclusivity situation.

Quote:
You don't have to be Blitz to be an arcade football game. Madden has proven this over the last decade.
We'll agree to disagree over the classification of Madden. I will say that your opinion is at odds with the developers at this point as to where they classify the Madden, as well as the vast majority of the video game media and the vast majority of the video game playing demographic, all of whom consider consider Madden a simulation sports game. I personally offer more weight to the opinion which came straight from the horse's mouth, they know what they set out to make better than anyone.