Old 06-17-2014, 04:39 PM   #1067
GiantBlue76
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Official Madden 15 E3 Video Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I agree somewhat, but...

They claim to be aiming for a true simulation experience. I guess the interpretation is up for debate.

I also I don't believe making the game more realistic would make the game less accessible. Realistic movement & AI is separate from difficulty. NFL players give up big plays all the time, deliver crushing hits all the time, juke players all the time. ESPN & NFL Network show highlights all week. All the stuff we believe the casual gamer wants to do won't be eliminated because the game moves & thinks in a more realistic way.
You are preaching to the choir here my friend. I agree with you 100%. What I wrote above was their view on it, not ours, lol. They believe that the way to attract the casual gamer is to make it more accessible, and by accessible, easier to pick up and play. What keeps the casual gamer playing the game, is success in the game. This is their firm belief and has been for the last 10 years (if not longer) in madden. I am not convinced that all of the developers who are working on the game really share this belief, but I do believe they are steered that way for sure.

As for the other items you mentioned, we are always asking "when" for these things. Part of it is them seeming to run out of time, and part of it is that they don't seem to regard these items as major issues that need fixing/enhancing. Like I said in an earlier post - I have no doubt we will get WR/DB interaction next year, and it will be nice to have, but that will be all. I don't see many other things being done. Obviously, I'd love to be wrong here. We will find out a year from now I guess...