View Single Post
Old 06-18-2014, 09:28 AM   #76
jmurphy31
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Has anyone noticed the pre-play fidgets now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Lol I don't make stuff up, it comes from Rex and the other dev team members in various podcasts and interviews. If you guys really want to get a pulse for this stuff and the direction this team is going long term, it takes time, but listen to the podcasts with Rex and Cam. Victor Lugo also talked about this subject but he left to work on a fighting game I believe, which is his true passion and where he came from with MMA.

Sim has said that everything we are wanting to see is coming and that also means the signature animations and momentum. Madden 15 is the first next gen title and I think we all understand that 25 was a port now. I expect an even bigger jump or as big from 15-16 as we are seeing with 15 from 25. Last year people compared what they were doing to what MLB the show did where the first game wasn't that impressive on ps3 and then the next one was a real next gen title. Madden is doing the same thing and will just keep building from here. Also keep in mind the 3 pillars of the Ignite engine, player sense, true player motion, and living worlds, each year those areas will be built on and improved and as other EA sports titles develop new tech like FIFA's emotion system, they can share that tech and add it to Madden too. That's one of the best parts about Ignite, it can be shared across titles allowing for quick implementation and as a result, a better game, faster than it would take without this shared tech.
I think they are heading in the right direction as well, but I don't think we will see the kind of jump we saw this year from 25. As you said, Madden 25 was basically a port, (Which was basically a bait and switch , if you ask me--after what they showed and said that it wasn't just a port) so that means the development team had basically 2 plus years to develop Madden 15. It will be a lot shorter cycle for 16.