View Single Post
Old 06-18-2014, 10:15 AM   #70
GiantBlue76
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Madden NFL 15: Hands-On Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
That was a big problem last year, but maybe that was "my" fault.

Because passing was so easy last year, I used sliders to compensate to gimp user pass defense. So my reallyer uber developed OL (because I practice) would just block ghosts they could maybe see off somewhere upfield in the distance while, all too often, pass rushers got penetration, so that my franchise QB was sacked 40+ times per season.

And I could still pass for 4000+ yards, 65% completion, 32 TD's (and 27 INT's!).

It's just been impossible to get a good sim game. I hope this year will get there.
No it wasn't you. This was actually one of my bigger complaints about 25 on NG. I am strictly an online CFM league player. So I never play against the cpu. In user vs. user games, guys would blitz you sending 5 or 6 and the line play was pretty solid. However, when they would come out in quarters with a 3 man rush, they would get instant pressure. The guards would block no one, and the DEs would simply run around the tackles and you'd get sacked before you even finished a 5 step drop. I can understand an elite pass rusher occasionally winning a matchup, but when they are rushing 3 against 5 or 6 in to block, come on. It shouldn't be that easy. Especially since it would screw up the AI because the guards wouldn't do anything. When the guards did move (rarely), they would run behind the tackles and get in their way and let the DE come through untouched. VERY VERY frustrating, because guys would simply start using quarters all game. You'd be throwing against 8 in coverage, and then there would be instant pressure even though they rushed only 3 against 5 or 6.