View Single Post
Old 06-18-2014, 11:44 AM   #38
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Penalty overhaul? Pass Interference Finally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
Pass interference is only part of it. Also, I don't want to see it implemented like it is now or the way injuries are. Nothing about that is realistic, it is just a random call. One thing I will give them credit for is for "clipping" (this gets called since they don't call it illegal block in the back), it will get called when you actually see it happen. If you are returning a kick you will see a guy get blocked in the back and go down. That's cool.

Make the penalties get called when they actually happen, not just at random and not always on 3rd down after you've converted a 3rd and 6.

If I am a developer on Madden I would start this project by sitting down with this: http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/penaltysummaries

Not ALL of these will translate well to a game, but most can and should. Remember, "if it's in the game...".

There should be no excuses as to why something "can't" be done in this space. It's software, nothing is impossible.
They took that part out of the slogan. Now, it's just "it's in the game".. which is much easier to defend

Watch me play video games