View Single Post
Old 06-18-2014, 05:03 PM   #7
Pokes404
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Who here decided to not buy 2k14?

I read the reviews, looked at the problems, played it at a friend's house first, and then ultimately decided to purchase the game. I've throughly enjoyed it, but that's probably because the biggest problems with the game didn't effect me.

1) I hate 1v1 online games.

2) Because I hate 1v1 online games, MyTeam has never interested me.

3) MyPlayer is a fun, fantasy game mode, but it's never something I've considered a realistic game mode. So I was fine with the movie elements of it. I'd actually like more of this kind of stuff, just as long as it's organic based on how you play. Not forcing outcomes on you to fit a scripted narrative.

Basically, the game came down to how good the gameplay was, and I've had a great time with the game on the court. Not perfect, but a hell of a foundation to build on for years to come. Now, I do like playing Team Up games, so not being able to play that mode with friends for a few weeks when I first got the game was pretty aggravating. But that was my only frustration-inducing problem with the game. This game is pretty much exactly what I expected. Being a launch title on a new console, I expected a number of problems. But none of them were game-breaking for me, and the gameplay was actually a little ahead of what I thought it might be.