View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 12:18 PM   #84
johnnyg713
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Has anyone noticed the pre-play fidgets now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
Just look at the other EA Sports titles or just look at FIFA.

IMO, if FIFA can do it so can Madden and FIFA is making great strides but it seems like they are just a year or two ahead of Madden. When FIFA gets a feature Madden gets it the next year. When I see the living worlds in FIFA it makes me excited about how they translate to Madden.

One thing FIFA does great is procedural awareness and organic animations. For example if a CPU player is just standing there and I move my player into him he will put his arms out to shield me. Both players start hand fighting and shoving and all I've done is move my left stick into another player. This is what Madden needs with WRs/DBs. And it's obviously possible because FIFA Is already doing it.
I think the issue is distinguishing when the jostling takes place and who does the jostling. In FIFA the animation happens with every player in any part of the field. My guess is it's tougher to get just WR/DBs to jostle in the situations they should be jostling. Not that I don't think it won't be in next years game. I just think it's harder for them to implement than people think.